1. How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you, both online and offline;
- Through our Services; and
- From other third party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us, as well as from our affiliates, partners or third parties, including but not limited to public databases, for the purposes provided below, and/or to supplement information we already possess.
2. Types of Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and business interests, which may include signing up to some of our communications;
- Communications between you and us, such as via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Offline activity you engage in with us; and
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Job applicants may also provide us information as part of their employment application that includes such things as the applicant’s name, email, social media profile, resume, and cover letter. We do not use this information for any purpose other than to evaluate the individual for employment with us. Job applicants may provide additional information for routine background checks to a third party provider of such services, under specific privacy terms and consents that will be provided at the time of collection.
3. Online User Activity, Cookies and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
Cookies are a commonly-used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, our service providers, and our business partners may collect information about your use of our websites and mobile apps by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, SDKs and other similar technologies.
Cookies and similar technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our website or app. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns and improve the website, determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use the Services, the information we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information); and
- Location information where you choose to provide the Services access to your device’s location information; and
- Demographic information such as age and gender as inferred by previous browser activity.
4. How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including:
- Provide our Services to you and respond to your inquiries and other communications;
- Tailor the content we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer products and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our Services;
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies and our contractual rights;
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and advertising, as well as improvement of our Services.
5. Online Advertising
You may see us advertising on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that online advertising service do not always provide us with complete information about the platforms or website on which our advertising may appear. If you believe that our advertising is being displayed through websites or channels that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us.
We may serve advertisements, and allow third parties to serve advertisements, through our Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party organizations called “ad networks.” Ad networks can include a number of third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Advertisements served through our Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us or, based on your website or mobile app usage patterns, or based on your activity on other website or online services as may be available to the ad networks.
6. How We Share Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances.
We may share your information as permitted by law, including, for example, with our corporate affiliates, and service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, shipping and returns partners, marketing partners, and other service providers). We only provide such vendors with information so they can perform their required functions on our behalf.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users or the public.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us and applicable law.
7. Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Marketing Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email or through other channels for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional information and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may be notified when you open an email from us or click on a link therein. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our terms of service.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites and mobile apps may not function
- Targeted Advertising: Some of our business partners that collect information about your activities on our websites and in our mobile apps may be members of organizations or programs that provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Mobile app users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the desired choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
8. State-Specific Notices
For California residents, the California Consumer Protection Act (the “CCPA”) provides various rights to individuals and households with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected about you. Among other rights under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we: (i) disclose to you any personal information that we have about you; (ii) delete personal information that we have about you (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not “sell” your information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers), as that term is interpreted under the CCPA. It is unlawful for us to discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. If you are a California resident, you can submit such requests to us via the contact information provided below and we will complete the request within the timeframe permitted by law.
For Nevada residents, please note that we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law (Ch. 603A, Sec. 1.6). You can submit a request to us regarding the sale of such information via the contact information provided below.
9. Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Our Services may contain links to other websites or apps. This can include social media integrations. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or app that collects personal information.
10. How We Protect Information
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our systems. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will endeavor to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as directed below.
12. International Data Transfers and Use
14. Contacting Us